The opportunity for all children, youth, and families to develop in safe and supportive environments and achieve their life potentials.
Through mutually beneficial partnerships with our constituents, we facilitate
and develop new knowledge, services, and policies to improve the lives of children and families. We do this work in five domains:
• Interdisciplinary education and training.
• Interdisciplinary research and scholarship.
• Human service demonstration programs, networking, and strategic planning.
• Program monitoring and evaluation.
• Needs assessments and policy studies.
• Create and maintain a supportive and facilitative atmosphere for its constituencies so that interdisciplinary and collaborative activities may be conceived, nurtured, implemented, and managed.
• Provide guidance, assistance, and management for the planning, funding, development, implementation, and operation of innovative collaborative systems, projects, and programs in its domains of activities.
• Provide and clearly communicate balanced, non-partisan, research-based information on service needs and program effectiveness to our constituencies.
• Provide information, technical assistance, and interdisciplinary and management services to collaborative projects pertaining to university-community partnerships; collaborative demonstration service and policy projects; strategic planning and systems analysis; program monitoring, evaluation, and needs assessments; interdisciplinary and applied scholarship, education, and training; and other activities that promote the welfare of children, youth, families and the communities in which they live.
• Disseminate research and professional information about children, youth,
and families through publications, presentations, the popular media, and personal contact with those individuals who can use this information, including academics, service professionals, policy makers, parents, and citizens.
• Exemplify a university-community partnership and explore, demonstrate, and communicate to other universities and communities how such a venture can be beneficial to all partners.